I’ve been making these melt-in-the-mouth delights since I first opened The Little Herb Cottage (my first herb business which featured a specialist herb shop and herb nursery). They have always been met with oohs and ahs, and once with a “yuck”, but Lavender is not everyone’s cup of tea! 😀
- 1 tsp fresh lavender leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp lavender flowers, removed from spikes
- 110g butter, cold and cubed
- 30ml castor sugar
- 100g cake flour
- 50g semolina flour
- extra castor sugar and lavender blossoms – optional
- Pulse the flours and sugar together in a blender and then add the lavender and pulse once or twice more until everything is mixed through.
- Add the butter, cubed, and process until the dough looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Knead the dough until it just comes together.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder shape, roll it in castor sugar and a few more lavender flowers (optional)
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Slice half a centimeter biscuits from the cylinder, place on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until just golden.